9/4/14

Finn's Birth Story

Being there for the birth of this sweet little boy was one of the neatest experiences ever. Finn's mom and dad have lost three babies over the last few years and because of complications she was told she could not carry a baby again. Her cousin, who is my sister-in-law, offered to be a gestational carrier for them so they could have a baby. It has been so neat to watch over the past year the process of this. I am amazed at how it all works, and that they can have their own baby just carried by someone else during pregnancy. I am also amazed at how selfless my sister-in-law is. What an amazing gift she gave them! 

Sometimes pictures speak louder than words, and I am not sure how to put into words the feelings and emotions that were there when Finn was born. Let's just say there were lots of tears. There were tears of relief that Finn was here and healthy, and tears of gratitude. I can't imagine how his mommy and daddy felt when the doctor handed them their healthy, 8 lb. 11 oz. baby. And my sister-in-law did an amazing job at delivering him naturally! This whole experience was truly amazing!























No comments:

Post a Comment